Table of Contents/Main Page

Table of Contents

Click on Table of Contents for organized posts, or just scroll down to start reading the latest update! Zombies. An apocalypse. Restricting ...

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Chapter 28 (Sookie) - Let There Be Light!


Sookie didn't even wait until 9 am before she was dragging David to the Builder's Depot.
He sat down and held her purse while she walked through the store and decided what she wanted with her brother.

"Did the missus go remodel crazy?" a stranger asked. 

David glanced up and smiled.  "I told her she can do what she wants as long as I get a garage."

"Nice! By the way, my name's Gabe," he said, holding out his hand in greeting. "Hey, by the way, I might have something for that garage yours!"
The guys started talking cars.

Sookie loved it.  It had a cute, cozy cabin feel.  And she adored the new stairway & decking that Tetris put in. 
Of course, the main entrance was now on the ground floor by the garage, with a fully remodeled ground floor.
Up the stairs was a small reading nook and ladder up to the top floor.
Sookie decided to keep the kitchen and dining area the same, but had beautiful wood flooring put in throughout and a vibrant green paint & wallpaper throughout.
Of course, David loved his new garage, and the car he'd bought off of Gabe for a couple hundred.  "I promise I'll get it fixed up!" he swore.  Sookie had her doubts.  Her husband had a lot of talents, but she wasn't sure the mechanical skill was one of them!

Sookie adored the new kitchen tilework that her brother had put in along one wall.  It was so cute!
"Happy baby?" Sookie asked him before they blew the candle out.

"Happy," David agreed.

The young couple was about to become even happier!

Home alone after Sookie headed off to work, David invited his family over.

Sookie was so excited! She'd reached the top of the Science career! 

Once a great scientist emerges from the family, the knowledge of known technologies is restored to the area, so the gizmos may be produced again. The power grid is repaired enough to use these gizmos and gadgets in the house.

They could use lights, ceiling fans, food processors, trash compactors & dishwashers now!

David was so proud of his wife!  He'd always known she was destined for great things!
Let there be lights!
With her baby bump showing, Sookie also knew it was time for some more changes.

While his wife slept, David spent time working on his car and playing chess.  The house was so quiet!  He grew up in a house that was always bustling with family members getting in his space.  He hoped that he and Sookie could fix that soon!
Despite being tired all the time, Sookie still managed to put together a nice meal of pork tenderloin.
"You wouldn't believe all the cool things I've learned about fixing the car. Did you know.. <began droning about fixing cars>"
Apparently he bored poor Sookie to sleep.

Since Sookie was home on maternity leave, David kept checking the paper to see if there were any jobs that he could do.  Unfortunately, nothing was available.
So, David passed the time working on Betsy, his car.

Sookie gently pushed David off her shoulder and stood up.
It was time!
Welcome to the family little Rikka!
Where did that dog come from?!
"Quick David! Get it out of here!" Sookie said with alarm when the little black dog started scratching their sofa.
"Aw, but he's such a cute little guy," David said, bending down to rub the little one's belly.  "I'll call you Scout," he said, hoping they could adopt the little guy.
But, in one quick movement the dog skirted from his reach and raced out the front door that was somehow left ajar.

WTH?! Sinjin whistled carelessly as he straight up strolled inside.  Guess that key Sookie never took back from him came in handy.
"Sinjin?! What are you doing here?" Sookie gasped.

"What? I can't visit my favorite girl?" he asked charmingly
Sookie turned on her heel and hurried from the room.  "Get rid of him David!" she said.
Sinjin, good naturedly, began to joke around with David.  If this wasn't Sookie's ex who broke her heart, David thought he might actually like that guy.
But, he needed to defend Sookie's honor!  With lightning quick reflexes, he threw a glass full of water in Sinjin's face.
And then it was really on!
Sinjin shoved David off and glared.  "I can see when I'm not welcome!" he yelled.  "You could've just said so!"
David apparently had some regrets about getting rough with Sinjin.  He was usually the kind to talk it out - but Sinjin barging into their home was beyond the pale!

Besides, they had their little Rikka to think about!

Despite being pregnant, Sookie still found the energy to fix things & clean. 

Thank goodness Sookie had mastered Science career and everyone could use pesticides safely now!

Sookie could do with some family time.  The house was too quiet.

She invited over her brother's family and her best friend Tesira's family. 
Tetris was such a sweet brother.  He cooed over her new belly bump.  Gently, she rested her hand on her stomach. "I'm really not showing that much," she said with a laugh.

"Congratulation, baby sis," he told her happily.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Little Rikka grew up, cute as a button, favoring her father more in looks than expected.
With a stay at home mom and dad, Rikka got plenty of attention!
Holy time warp! Welcome to the family Quenby!

2 comments:

  1. I am SO happy for Sookie! It was painful, dealing with Sinjin, but SO GLAD he left her, and thus opened her up to David. Their little growing family is so cute! And I think Sookie and David are my favorite current couple.

    Also, congrats on lifting Science! Most people are like, "Science! Lights!" You're all about getting rid of the roaches (and the flu!) once and for all! Huzzah!
    My favorite part about science is being able to use the computer to get jobs at a higher level - especially after college. Photos are nice, too. You can take pictures and order them. They're not as fancy as the Artist career reward, but still nice. And the photobooth pictures and "other options" are also great. I like to have pictures of my little sims. With Artist lifted, of course, you can paint them, and if you are like me, you take a "Photo" screenshot of your sims, save and crop and name it "Soandso.jpg" in the Paintings folder so that anyone can paint it as a custom painting, but if they haven't SEEN the SCENE, how do they know to paint it, right? Anyway, I like the Science lift, not so much for lights (I'm kind of partial to candles and oil lanterns, anyway), but for the computer and the pictures. To me, the jobs on the computer makes it so much easier (Skill up first, when you have the time being unemployed, as opposed to spending all day working and then trying to fit in skilling while mooding up for the next shift, and then get a high-level job, thus topping your career extra fast), and the pictures just seem to add another level of hope to the community. When you can really document the family, it just makes it better.

    BTW, have you ever had a problem with the hand-written manuscripts getting stuck in the mailbox, and giving you money, but never a book to read? I keep getting it for some reason, so although I love the manuscript, I tend to give them "Typewriters," but then I have to GUARD that sucker, so they don't play games, and the manuscript is just so much BETTER until real computer options are unlocked. Actually, the manuscripts did work for novels in one of my saves. That was nice, that they actually had something fun to read.

    Anyway, great to read another one! I need to bookmark this page, because I had to try so hard to remember "Legende" with an extra e, to look it up on Google.

    I stopped simming for a while, and I need to get back to it. You do inspire me. But I tend to do all my gaming in batches. A month of Sims, a month of Stardew Valley, a month of Runescape, a month of Baldur's Gate. It's almost time to roll around to Sims 2 again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! I'm really glad Sookie and David wound up together too!

    Ya for lifting science. The roach stomp dance was driving me crazy! lol. The lights doesn't bother me - I'm always forgetting to add lights after I build a house. Yes, finding jobs online is going to make this so much easier!

    I've never had an issue with the novels getting stuck in mailbox. That would be frustrating! I like the mod that allows you to handwrite the manuscript since the sneaky sims can't play games while "pretending" to write.

    I took a break from Sims when things started getting hectic last year, but am finally getting back to it. I'm sure my hood will be so different since my downloads are so different. I loaded up a house and had a staircase in the middle of the home because I didn't have the ladders installed. Lol.

    ReplyDelete